Friday, August 27, 2010

Fun Today in the Clouds

I made this card for my brother's girlfriend for her birthday.  I think it turned out so cute!  What do you think?  I absolutely love these stamps by A Muse called Mandy's World.  They are some of my favorites!  You can use them for so many different things, they are just so versatile and so darn cute! 

I wanted her card to be fun, since it was for her birthday, so I picked colorful and girly papers and markers to go with the cloud paper I had already chosen.  Since the background was already so busy and colorful I figured I would stamp the image on white cardstock and just attach it to the card without any matting.  I colored the image with my Copics, my favorite markers.  I wanted the sentiment to stand out, so I stamped it on gingham paper, trimmed it into a banner and attached it to the cardstock panel.  I attached the panel to the card with pop dots to make it stand out that much more.  I had fun making this card and I think that helped the design come together.  So go make something just for fun or pull out your favorite stamps, whatever helps you have fun while you're crafting, I think you'll notice a difference in your work.


all paper, stamps, ink: A Muse Artstamps
markers: Copic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!