Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Brighten My Days Chandelier

I have another card for you today that was a submission reject, but I really liked it so I thought I'd share it with you and see what you thought.  I normally don't like to put black and yellow together unless I'm using bee stamps because that's what they remind me of..bees, but I think it works here.  Besides working with challenging color combos it can also be frightening to mix patterns.  Some patterns that you think might look crazy together work if you just see what they actually look like when you put them together.  I thought these patterns together wouldn't work, but when I put them side by side they actually worked really well together.

I wanted the chandelier to be black like the one in my dining room, but I thought if I colored it with my black Copic marker you wouldn't be able to see any of the details, so I used a really dark warm grey.  That way I get the look of black, but still get most of the details of the chandelier.  I colored the flames yellow and then went over them with a gold spica glitter pen, which you can't tell in the photo.  And of course evey chandelier needs bling, so I added a yellow twinkle sticker.  When I look at the card I don't even think bees.  What do you think?  I challenge you to try a color combo that isn't your favorite or that reminds you of something, like bees, and change your opinion of it.  Or try using patterns that you aren't comfortable with or that you might not think go together, you just might be surprised with the outcome.  Happy Crafting! :)



all paper, stamps, ink, twinkle stickers: A Muse Artstamps
markers, glitter pen: Copic
circle punch, scallop circle punch: Marvy Uchida
apron lace border punch: Fiskars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!