Saturday, September 4, 2010

Nuts About You for 11 Years

Today is my 11th wedding anniversary and I thought I'd share the card I made for my hubby because it's unlike any other card I've ever made.  I usually make him a really sappy card and this one is more humorous, but that's not what makes this card so different.  I have never made such an abstract and shaped card before.  The "official" card is rectangular, but I shaped a tree trunk out of the woodgrain patterned paper with branches and all and I free hand cut the tree topper (leaves).  I also stamped the sentiment on white cardstock, cut the ends with decorative edge scissors, attached it to a "wooden" post, and then attached it to the card with pop dots over the border punched grass.  I also made the squirrel hole in the tree trunk using my Nestabilities circle die.  I'm not going to lie, this card took some time to put together, but it was so worth it.  I did it all for you honey because I love you more today than yesterday and less than tomorrow.  You are the greatest husband a girl could ask for and I feel lucky every day I get to wake up next to you.  Thanks for marrying me!

If you're still with me and not vomitting in your soup, I have some exciting news to share.  My card was chosen as one to highlight over on the A Muse blog for the Stick to the Pattern challenge round-up.  There is a new challenge for the month of September, so feel free to play along!  I'd love to see what you come up with.  I'd also love to hear what you think of my card below, considering it's the first one I've made like it.  I advise you  to try something new in your crafting.  You just may surprise yourself!  Good luck and happy crafting!
notecard, patterned paper, white and fern cardstock, stamps, ink: A Muse Artstamps
markers: Copic
grass border punch: Martha Stewart
circle die: Nestabilities
die cut machine: Cuttlebug
decorative edge scissors: Provo Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!