Tuesday, September 21, 2010

ESS #100, Offset Scallop Gallop

This card was based on this sketch at Eat Sleep Stamp and this challenge, the Offset Scallop Gallop, at Moxie Fab World (which you can play until Oct. 4th). I looked through my paper stash to find offset scallops and found some by October Afternoon.  I found a couple different choices, but I liked this one the best.  I didn't realize offset scallops were that trendy, but after visiting the Moxie Fab blog and going through my stash I have to say I found they really are. 

I used my Rainy Day Lisa stamp by A Muse because I thought she would go with the papers and the color scheme.  I have to admit this is the first time I have inked her up and I don't know why, she is so cute!  She is fun to color too!  When I was all done putting the card together I thought it needed just a little something else, so I added the chocolate pretty pearls by A Muse.  I think they added just the right touch I was looking for.  I love how the card turned out!  I put it on my card shelf and realized I have done a lot of cards with yellow, which isn't a color I thought I used often.  Is there a color that you use more often than others?  Or is there a color that when you take a second look at your cards you realize you use more often than you thought you did?


notecard, stamps, ink, pearls: A Muse Artstamps
patterned paper: October Afternoon
markers: Copic

2 comments:

  1. Rachael this is super cute! I love yellow & red together too. Thank you so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursday's #100 celebration!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachael! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!