Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Easter Eggs (Card Patterns #111, Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger: Crepe Bouquet, CQC #81, PTI: Make It Monday #11)

I went with an Easter card this time since we're so close to Easter.  I love this stamp set by Waltzingmouse Stamps!  It's got so many Easter stamp options and others for spring and Mother's Day.  The background patterned paper is a new paper pad that I broke out from Melissa Frances called 5th Avenue.  It's not generally my style, but I bought it for the times when I want something soft or when I want to try the shabby chic thing.  The yellow polka dot patterned paper is by PTI from their 2008 Bitty Dot Basics paper pad.  I just love that paper pad and pretty much anything from that company! 

Speaking of Papertrey Ink, they have a Make it Monday challenge every week over on Nichole's blog and this week's challenge was to use your dies to emboss paper but not in the usual way.  You can see in my photo that I used one of the Nestabilities large square dies and embossed a square into my patterned paper to frame my card.  There is a video of exactly what to do every week for the challenge on the blog, which is very helpful, and sometimes I even learn a few new tricks.  I also stamped my image on cardstock that was die cut and embossed with the scalloped circle Nestabilities.

The layout was inspired by this week's challenge over at Card Patterns.  I used the buttons, by Buttons Galore, to represent the three dots in the sketch.  I tried to use the cardstock, patterned paper, and the embossed frame to represent the inner line in the sketch with the rounded corners.  I hope I did the sketch justice. 












Tuesday Trigger: Crepe Bouquet
The colors in the card were inspired by this week's Tuesday Trigger: Crepe Bouquet and this week's ColourQ Challenge.  The white dress was the background for the flowers in the Trigger story and white is the background for my image, as well as the basket the eggs are in.  The pink jumped out at me and it's my favorite color right now, so I had to use it.  In Cath's explanation she mentioned Easter, so that's the direction I went in rather than a card full of flowers.  The picture is just a little blurry so I chose a patterned paper that reminded me of that, plus I also wanted something soft that would easily work in the color scheme.  I was really glad that the colors for the Trigger and CQC were so close so I could blend the challenges together, but at first it was difficult to think of something to do.  I hope you like the card, and that you have a wonderful Easter weekend!  I'm trying some new layouts for posting to spice it up, let me know what you think.  Have a great rest of your week!  Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love that little basket image. So glad you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty, Rachael! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card...love the combo of challenges! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, Rachael! I always love to see your creations:) Thanks for playing at CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an absolutely ADORABLE card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rachael! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!