Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sorry For Your Loss (Colour Q #88, CAS FTL #143)

I hope you all had a great week!  I made this card for a dear friend of the family and her husband who lost their dog while on vacation.  They were on a European trip of a lifetime and got word that their Pomeranian had passed away.  They don't have children of their own, so Rainy was like their baby and they were/are devastated.  Those of you who have dogs or pets know exactly what I'm talking about.  I only hope this card will ease a tiny bit of their pain by knowing that I'm there for them. 

Now let's get down to the details of the card.  The layout was inspired by this week's sketch at Clean and Simple Stamping.  I turned the sketch upside down because it worked better for me and for the card. 
CAS FTL #143
The bone patterned paper is from Doodlebug Design and the brown polka dot patterned paper is from the Lime Twist collection from My Mind's Eye.  The Lime Twist collection is one of my very favorite collections!  I am just in love with it!  Lately My Mind's Eye has put out the best collections of paper.  They are just soo cute!  The dog house stamp is an old stamp from A Muse Artstamps.  The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts.  I used the Fiskars apron lace border punch on the brown cardstock that edges the bone patterned paper.  I broke out my Nestabilities classic rectangles large to die cut and emboss the cream cardstock rectangle panel.  I tried to keep the card rather embellishment free and toned down because it's a sympathy card.  I chose the colors because of this week's challenge at ColourQ and because I didn't want any loud colors or bright colors on this sympathy card. 


I really hope this card helps ease my friends' grief in some small way.  I also hope maybe it helps you with some ideas for your sympathy cards.  If you're hurting at all today, I send you hugs.  I hope you all have a great evening!  Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Rachael, love your C&S card! It's so sweet! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Rachael! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!