Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cosmopolitan Neopolitan Tuesday Trigger

I hope you all are having a great weekend!  It's finally sunny and even a little warm here!  We had no spring at all and it looks like we're finally starting to ease into summer very slowly.  I am in such a better mood and feel a lot better when it's sunny outside.  I don't like it when it's really hot, but in the 70's is perfect for me. 

Anyhoo, on to the card.  I've been waiting for the perfect time to use this adorable sticker from the 5 and Dime collection from October Afternoon.  I pop dotted it on top of a Martha Stewart doily and a lacey circle Nestabilities die cut and embossed from PTI's aqua mist cardstock.  The sentiment stamp, an old one from A Muse Artstamps, was stamped on October Afternoon patterned paper from the Farm Fresh collection.  The pink polka dot patterned paper is from the 5 and Dime collection from October Afternoon, again.  If you haven't seen that collection yet it's the cutest thing ever!  It reminds me of an old fashioned soda shop.  I love everything from October Afternoon!  The cream paper is from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry collection, and the french roast polka dot patterned paper is from A Muse Studio. 
Tuesday Trigger: Cosmopolitan Neopolitan

I chose to use brown, cream, and pink patterned paper and in the order I assembled them to resemble the neopolitan ice cream pops in the Trigger picture.  When I saw the Trigger picture I knew I wanted to use the colors and I wanted the card to be about ice cream, so I picked the October Afternoon sticker I had been saving.  This Tuesday Trigger: Cosmopolitan Neopolitan from Moxie Fab World is one of my faves!  Not just for the picture, but for how my card turned out.  How do you think it turned out? 

My layout was inspired by last week's sketch challenge at Card Positioning Systems.  I didn't finish my card in time to enter it, but I still wanted to show it to you.  This sketch was a great one!

CPS #221
I hope you all enjoyed my card for you today.  Have a great week and try to sneak in some creative time for yourself.  Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rachael .Perfect papers and layout to show case this delightful image .For an older lady as myself this image bought back memories of meeting friends in a milk bar and having one of these .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachael! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!