Saturday, October 16, 2010

Eat Dessert First (2S4Y Kazan's Sketch #63)

I hope you're enjoying your Saturday as much as I am.  It's a beautiful Fall day here in Oregon and I'm going to get some great crafting time in this afternoon.  A near perfect day! 

Today's card is based on the sketch below from 2 Sketches 4 You.  The stamps are from A Muse, of course. :)  I used my Nestabilities curved rectangles die to get the beautiful shape on the ice cream cardstock panel.  I decided to use my corner rounder punch on this card, which is something I don't do very often.  To be honest I rarely think of it, but I really love how it just adds something different to the card.  I colored the image with my Copics.  I shaded the ice cream to give it a little subtlety, outlined the ice cream with my Copic Spica clear glitter pen to give it a little sparkle, and lastly outlined the entire image with my Copic BG10 to make it "pop".  I absolutely LOVE how this card turned out!  It may be because I love the color combo, it may be because this is one of my fave layouts for a card, or it may be because I LOVE ice cream images since I can't actually eat it anymore.  I'm gluten intolerant, dairy intolerant, sugar intolerant, and lactose intolerant.  What a combo right?  I have to get my treats where I can, in the stamping world.   I hope you enjoy the treat I've brought you today and that you have a chance to take some time for yourself this weekend.  Happy Crafting!


Kazan's Sketch #63



all paper, stamps, ink, ribbon: A Muse Artstamps
markers, glitter pen: Copic
apron lace border punch: Fiskars
corner rounder punch: Creative Memories
curved rectangles die: Spellbinders

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I like the colors a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one delicious looking card - love that scalloped edge
    Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!