Monday, September 20, 2010

Moxie Fab Jolly Holiday Greetings

I have two cards to share with you and they are both for the Jolly Holiday Greetings Challenge over at Moxie Fab World.  This challenge runs through October 11th, so there's still time for you to play along.  The first card I made by randomly stamping the snowflake stamp with white ink all over a premade navy card.  Then I stamped the cutie pie little boy and colored him with my Copic markers.  I then stamped the sentiment, the cloud, the cloud again on a scrap paper, outlined it with my BG10 Copic marker, cut it out and adhered it over the original cloud with pop dots.  I matted the cardstock panel with green gingham paper and then with orange cardstock (even though it looks like red in the picture) and adhered it to the card.  The inside of the card says "thanks snow much" so I will be able to use it as a thank you for Christmas gifts.

The second card is made from palm cardstock, which I ran through my Cuttlebug using the 5x7 polka dot Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I also used my Spellbinders Nestabilities dies to make the circle and scalloped circle.  I stamped the tree first before I die-cut the circle, then I matted it with the gingham scalloped circle and adhered it to the card with pop dots.  I stamped the sentiment underneath.  It didn't come out perfectly, so I fixed it using a Copic muliliner black pen and I think it looks good as new.  Lastly, I added glitter to the tree limbs.  I think it gives it such an elegant touch, which is what I was going for.  What do you think?


image #1

all paper, stamps, ink: A Muse Artstamps
markers: Copic

image #2

all paper, stamps, dye ink: A Muse Artstamps
chalk ink: Clearsnap
dies: Spellbinders
embossing foler: Provo Craft
glitter: Doodlebug Designs

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachael! Your cards are adorable! I absolutely love the first one with his little tongue catching the snowflake! How cute is that? Thanks so much for playing along with the MFW challenge!

    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
    Betsy Veldman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachael! Thanks for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Jolly Holiday Greetings challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!