Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cute as a Button!

Originally I was making this card for last week's sketch challenge over at Eat Sleep Stamp, but I didn't make it in time to enter.  I thought I'd show you anyway since I put in the effort and it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. :)  The sentiment is from the Button Boutique set and the onesie is from the Bitty Baby Blessings set from PTI.  I am really growing to absolutely love their stamps and most of their other products as well.  I think I'm becoming an addict.  Shhh, don't tell my hubby. 

The polka dot patterned paper is My Mind's Eye's newest collection Lime Twist.  It's from the Fly a Kite paper pad.  I have all four paper pads and they are so adorable!  I love them so much that I think I might go out and buy a second helping of some of the pads.  For a long time I didn't care for their paper, but lately they just make the cutest collections.  And this one even came with a ton of matching twine, which I bought of course.

The sky gingham patterned paper, cardstock, tiny star stamp, bermuda buttons, and bermuda pigment ink are from A Muse (both A Muse Artstamps and A Muse Studio).  I used Momento rich cocoa dye ink for the first part of the sentiment and the A Muse Studio bermuda ink for the word button.  I really love how crisp Momento's ink turns out on paper and it smells really good to boot!  I also think highlighting one word in a sentiment is a cute way to set it off, especially if you have different fonts in your sentiment.  Lastly, I wanted to leave the onesie white so I outlined it with my BG10 Copic marker to make the white look whiter and to make leaving it white look deliberate.  I think outlining images is a nice way to highlight them and call attention to them without you hardly noticing.  I hope you all enjoy the card I have for you today and have a great rest of your day!  Happy Crafting!

p.s. Last year I won Paper Crafts Stamping Royalty 2010 and recently they asked to do a follow up article on their blog, a "where are they now?" kind of thing.  It came out yesterday and if you want to read it you can find it here.

1 comment:

  1. Super-duper cute, Rachael!! It was fun reading your update yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!