Sunday, February 20, 2011

Shabby Thank You (ESS #118, Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger: Comfy Cozy)

Tonight's card is based on the sketch below from Eat Sleep Stamp and inspired by the picture below from the  Comfy Cozy Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World.  The stamps are from PTI, the patterned paper is from the October Afternoon Thrift Shop collection, the die is Nestabilities, and the border punch is Martha Stewart.  The metal thank you is from Making Memories and is inspired by the iron bed frame.  I chose a kraft card and sponged white ink on the edges to resemble the tan walls and the distressed mantle.  The blue flower paper matches the rug and the red paper reminds me of the toile in some of the pillows.  I chose to replicate the rose pillow and the french blue pillows on my stamped white couch.  I attempted a shabby chic card.  I think it still needs a little work to really be shabby chic, but I like it anyway.  I hope you do too!  Happy Crafting!



Tuesday Trigger: Comfy Cozy


stamps: On my couch (PTI)
ink: black dye ink (A Muse Artstamps), frost white pigment ink (Clearsnap)
cardstock: white (A Muse Artstamps), kraft (PTI)
patterned paper: Thrift Shop paper pad (October Afternoon)
markers: E57, BG10 (Copic)
dies: Nestabilites classic scalloped circles large
punch: doily lace border punch (Martha Stewart)
accent: adhesive metal saying (Making Memories)

6 comments:

  1. Love that couch image .The background papers have an old world country feel to them . Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachael! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for joining in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet lovely card. the couch looks very comfy and i'm loving the colors of the pillows :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachael you nailed the challenges!! The October Afternoon paper is the perfect choice for your 'comfy' card. ♥ it!!! Thank you so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursday! It's always a pleasure to visit you blog!!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. sigh. . .that is so nice - I'd like to come drink some coffee in your card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!