Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let it Snow Snowflakes (CAS FTL #117, Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger: It's Snowing Gingerbread)

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend, had some time with your families, and had a chance to get some creative time in as well.  I had a weekend full of family time, shopping, and relaxation.  Then Monday and Tuesday I had a migraine, so I apologize for not posting for almost a week.  I hope you can forgive me and that you'll enjoy today's card.

Today's card is based on the sketch below from Clean and Simple Stamping and the It's Snowing Gingerbread challenge based on the picture below from Moxie Fab World.  The sentiment stamp is from A Muse and I embossed it with American Crafts embossing powder.  I know it's hard to read and if I had had more time I would have redone it, but unfortunately it had to stay that way.  The red patterned paper is from the Jovial paper pad from Basic Grey.  The beautiful glittered snowflakes are from Martha Stewart.  Isn't she making some wonderful products?  I don't know about you, but I always can't wait until her next line of punches and products comes out.  The border punch on this card is from Fiskars.  I never would have thought to put brown with snowflakes and I have to say that I really like how it turned out.  I added the red for a little splash of color and I think it was the right choice.  I really  like these challenges because some of them have given me ideas that I never would have tried on my own, and some have pushed my creativity beyond my comfort zone and I have wound up creating something that I love in the end.  If you've never tried a challenge I really recommend trying at least one to stretch your creativity.  Have a great week and Happy Crafting!


CAS FTL #117
Tuesday Trigger: It's Snowing Gingerbread


cardstock, gingham patterned paper, stamp: A Muse Artstamps
Jovial paper pad: Basic Grey
white pigment ink: Clearsnap
apron lace border punch: Fiskars
white embossing powder: American Crafts
layered snowflake stickers: Martha Stewart

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rachael. Unusual colour combination as you say but you have carried it off well and the red border is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really LOVE that plaid with this, so so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors you used are great - they really remind me of gingerbread. Fabulous looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love your snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachael! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!